Approvals and assurances
AngloGold Ashanti’s suite of 2011 annual reports have been reviewed and assured as follows:
Integrated Annual Report
- The Integrated Annual Report for the year ended 31 December 2011, which was recommended by the Audit and Corporate Governance Committee for approval by the board, was approved by the board of directors on 16 March 2012.
Annual Financial Statements 2011
- The Annual Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2011 were approved by the board of directors on 16 March 2012.
- In accordance with Section 29(1)(e)(ii) of the Companies Act, No 71 of 2008, the annual financial statements for AngloGold Ashanti Limited, for the year ended 31 December 2011, have been audited by Ernst & Young Inc., the company’s independent external auditors, whose unqualified audit report can be found under Report of the independent auditors.
The financial statements have been prepared by the corporate reporting staff of AngloGold Ashanti Limited, headed by Mr John Edwin Staples, the group’s Chief Accounting Officer. This process was supervised by Mr Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan, the group’s Chief Financial Officer.
Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Report 2011
- The Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve information as included in the Integrated Annual Report and Annual Financial Statements were approved by the board of directors on 16 March 2012.
- The chairman of the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Steering Committee assumes responsibility for the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Report 2011.
Sustainability Report 2011
- The Sustainability Report 2011 was approved by the board of directors on 16 March 2012.
- Independent assurance in respect of the Sustainability Report 2011 was provided by Ernst & Young Inc.