AngloGold Ashanti’s suite of 2012 annual reports have been approved and assured as follows:
Integrated Annual Report
- The Integrated Annual Report for the year ended 31 December 2012, which was recommended by the Audit and Corporate Governance Committee for approval by the board, was approved by the board of directors on 19 March 2013.
Annual Financial Statements 2012
- The Annual Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2012 were approved by the board of directors on 19 March 2013. The financial statements have been prepared by the corporate reporting staff of AngloGold Ashanti Limited, headed by John Edwin Staples, the group’s Chief Accounting Officer. This process was supervised by Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan, the group’s Chief Financial Officer, and Mark Cutifani, the group’s Chief Executive Officer.
- In accordance with Section 29(1)(e)(ii) of the Companies Act, No 71 of 2008, the Annual Financial Statements for AngloGold Ashanti Limited, for the year ended 31 December 2012, have been audited by Ernst & Young Inc., the company’s independent external auditors, whose unqualified audit report can be found in the Annual Financial Statements.
Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Report 2012
- The Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve information as included in the Integrated Annual Report were approved by the board of directors on 19 March 2013.
- The chairman of the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Steering Committee assumes responsibility for the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Report 2012.
Sustainability Report 2012
- The Sustainability Report 2012 was approved by the board of directors on 19 March 2013.
- Independent assurance in respect of the Sustainability Report 2012 was provided by Ernst & Young Inc.