At AngloGold Ashanti, we are committed to transparent, informed and consistent reporting to a broad range of stakeholders. Our 2021 reports communicate the challenges facing our business and progress made to date in delivering on our strategic objectives and in creating value.
Our reporting theme
Our ongoing investments are aimed at extending the lives of our mines and enhancing operating flexibility by ensuring a long-term Ore Reserve pipeline to underpin production and sustain AngloGold Ashanti in the long-term.
This investment programme has been supplemented by a new operating model aimed at improving effectiveness, eliminating inefficiency, enhancing performance and flexibility, and ensuring clear accountability for delivery on commitments. This operating model prioritises improved operating outcomes and consistency that will enhance AngloGold Ashanti’s valuation and position in the sector throughout the commodity cycle.
“We must put in place the right foundation for long-term success, and the most crucial part of that is an operating model which prioritises efficiency, agility and accountability,” said CEO Alberto Calderon. “My immediate aim is to ensure that we have the right people, in the right places, making the right decisions, to provide better outcomes.”
Our 2021 reports are prepared consistent with the following:
- International Integrated Reporting Framework, 2021
- King IV Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa, 2016 (King IV)
- South African Companies Act, No. 71 of 2008, as amended (Companies Act)
- JSE Listings Requirements
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- South African Code for the Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves (SAMREC Code, 2016 edition)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)