AngloGold Ashanti is an independent global gold mining company with a diverse, high-quality portfolio of operations, projects and exploration activities in nine countries across four continents.
We pursue value-creating opportunities involving other minerals, where we can leverage our existing assets, shareholdings, skills and experience.
To create value for our shareholders, our employees and our business, and social partners through safely and responsibly exploring, mining and marketing our products.
Our six values guide all decisions made and actions taken in the conduct of our business. These values link our business activities to our environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals and commitments.
Note: Percentages indicate the ownership interest held by AngloGold Ashanti. All operations are 100%-owned unless otherwise indicated.
- Gramalote is managed by B2Gold
- As at 31 December 2021, a maiden Mineral Resource was declared for Silicon
- Obuasi’s redevelopment project began in 2019
- Kibali is operated by Barrick Gold Corporation (Barrick)
- Cerro Vanguardia (92.5%)
- Serra Grande
- AGA Mineração
- Gramalote (50%) (1)
- La Colosa
4 United States
- Silicon (2)
- Siguiri (85%)
- Obuasi (3)
7 Democratic Republic
of the Congo (DRC)
- Kibali (45%) (4)
- Sunrise Dam
- Tropicana (70%)
Economic value generated ($m)(1)
|Gold sales and by-product income (2)||4,029||4,836|
|Profit from sale of assets||22||2|
|Income from investments||249||261|
- This economic value-added statement includes the South African operations the until the date of sale
- Gold sales decreased by 10% due to lower gold production in 2021, compared to 2020.
- Payments to employees include salaries, wages and other benefits
- Current taxation includes normal taxation and withholding taxation on dividends paid per jurisdiction in which the Group operates
- Employee, production, property and other taxes and royalties are reported on a cash basis and exclude equity accounted joint ventures
- Community and social investments exclude expenditure by equity accounted joint ventures
- Suppliers and services exclude capital expenditure
Economic value distributed ($m)
|Current tax (4)||248||562|
|Employee taxes (5)||167||209|
|Production, property and other taxes (5)||92||109|
|Suppliers and services (7)||1,836||1,664|
|Providers of capital||364||221|
|Finance costs and unwinding of obligations||140||183|